Themes in Outlook Web App is an option some of the end users like to “play” with and the admins always want to have a uniform experience for the end users.
Well, the themes are now available for all Office 365 users. But it brings something that admins won’t like, that they can’t disable the themes for end users or even apply a uniform theme. Microsoft says that this feature will be rolled out in the future.
An end user can select one from the 22 themes available in the O365 portal. Login to the O365 portal and click on the “settings” gear on the top right hand side and select “Change theme” option.
It will bring the theme option within the O365 settings. Select the theme you want and click save.
And your theme will be updated.
As an administrator, you can brand the Office 365 portal with a custom theme. No, you don’t have to write any code! Login to the O365 admin centre as a global admin & click on the organization name at the top right hand corner.
Click on “Custom theming”.
You can do the following:
- Add your organization logo or any other image you want to use. The image size should be 200×50 pixels.
- You can set a link to navigate to when you click on the image.
- You can set the colour for the top ribbon.
- Change the colour for the links on the top ribbon &
- Change the colour of the Office 365 logo.
You can always go back to the default theme by clicking the “Remove custom theming” option.