I was at a customer site last week, working mainly on SAN certificates on Exchange and TMG servers. Exporting and importing the certificate between servers, making sure root and intermediate certificates are correctly installed etc. I was working with a tool that I have used before and thought of sharing it, as it makes working with certificates much easier.
The tool is DigiCertUtil.exe and is from Digicert. With this tool you can manage, troubleshoot and fix the SSL certificates on your server, all without having to open up a command prompt to run special certutil commands or dig through the MMC Certificate Snap-in.
DigiCertUtil.exe makes it easy to (from Digicert site):
- See all the SSL certificates installed on your server.
- Easily view details for each certificate.
- Fix intermediate certificate problems with one click.
- Import and Export your certificates to make a backup or move them between servers.
- Test a certificate to verify its private key is functional.
- Install a certificate to a pending request.
- Repair a certificate whose private key exists on the server but is not correctly associated with the certificate.
The good thing is that you can use the tool to manage certificates issued by any company. A must have tool for Exchange admins!