Microsoft has released Cumulative Update 13 for Exchange Server 2013. This release adds support to .NET Framework 4.6.1.
Few points to note while installing the update.
- Cumulative Updates contains binaries for a complete installation of Exchange, be it a new install or upgrading an existing deployment.
- Antivirus should be disabled before installing the update.
- Place the server into maintenance mode, install and move it out of maintenance mode.
- Restart the server after the install and re-enable antivirus.
- Make sure that all third party products (like EV) in your environment supports CU13 before upgrading.
Exchange 2013 CU13 supports .NET Framework 4.6.1, which caused a bit of a headache for some admins earlier on, as it was distributed as part of the Windows update. Installing .NET Framework 4.6.1 will replace 4.5.2. The following steps should be followed while moving your server to .NET 4.6.1.
- Restart Exchange server after upgrading to CU13.
- Put the server into maintenance mode.
- Install .NET Framework 4.6.1
- Restart the server once again.
- Install the hotfix depending on the base operating system.
- Windows Server 2008/2008R2 – KB3146716
- Windows Server 2012 – KB3146714
- Windows Server 2012R2 – KB3146715
- Restart the server once more.
- Take the server off the maintenance mode.
Download CU13 for Exchange 2013 here.
Cloud Architect & Blogger with interests in Office 365, Enterprise Mobility & Security and Azure. I am active on Experts Exchange & TechNet forums and I am a technical author for SearchExchange. Follow me on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or Google+ for the latest updates. For consultancy opportunities, drop me a line.