As more and more people have started to play with the beta version of Exchange 2010, let us see as to what is new and what has changed in the 2010 Mailbox role.
1. There is no LCR, CCR, SCC or SCR high availability options in Exchange 2010 mailbox server.
2. There is no clustered (Active or Passive) mailbox installation option in 2010 setup.
3. You can have other roles installed on a 2010 mailbox server even if it is a part of Database Availability Group.
4. There is no Exchange Virtual Server (EVS) or Cluster Mailbox Server (CMS).
5. There are no storage groups in 2010. Instead, mailboxes are now organizational level objects.
6. Database is no longer “tied” to a server, if DAG is implemented.
7. Database name should be unique in an exchange organization.